Infrared Thermography Testing is an excellent non-destructive, predictive maintenance inspection technique for detecting a wide range of problems in electrical and mechanical components. Ocean Technical and Mechanical Services LLC (OTMS ) has qualified analysts from ITC (Infrared Training Center) Sweden to perform infrared thermography testing for the relevant industry. Infrared thermography is a remote sensing technology that keeps employees out of harm’s way without interfering with machine functioning.
Our highly educated and experienced crew expertly analyses thermograms to discover hotspots, heat loss, leaks, insulation issues, and other anomalies in equipment that are undetectable to the human eye. Ocean’s thermal imaging technology is a dependable, cost-efficient, and effective approach to forecasting danger ahead, allowing our clients to keep their facilities operating by avoiding unplanned downtime and unexpected maintenance expenditures.
The Working Of Infrared Thermography Testing
Thermal infrared radiation is emitted by any item with a temperature greater than 273.15 degrees Celsius (absolute zero or 0 kelvin), which is undetected by the naked eye. Ocean’s thermal imaging approach detects and displays these infrared wavelengths using powerful thermal image scanners. Equipment breakdowns, corroded electrical connections, broken components, and other issues are often preceded by an aberrant temperature trend.
By analyzing thermograms, our qualified and experienced thermographers can readily monitor the thermal performance of equipment and industrial processes under normal operating settings and locate defects and problematic situations. By reading thermal asymmetries, OTMS can detect errors ahead of time, identify their fundamental causes, and repair the problems, sparing the plant from probable system failure or performance concerns.
- Electrical Inspection: Identify overloaded cables, identify damaged/grounded cables, inspect switchgear components, and inspect transformers, insulators, relays & circuit breakers.
- Mechanical Inspection: Identify bearing problems, radiators & heat exchangers inspection, misalignment of coupled equipment, refractory inspection, wrong belt tension, abnormally heated motors, etc.
- Hydraulic Systems: Early detection of faults such as line obstructions, tank levels, and pipe or fluid temperatures.
- Construction: Thermal imaging is used in construction to detect insulation deficiencies, moisture issues, plumbing errors, and air leaks, among other things.
- Low-Slope Roofs: Infrared thermography is useful for monitoring roof conditions and identifying wet roof insulation on low-slope roofs.
Advantages Of Infrared Thermography
- The procedure is non-destructive, non-invasive, and cost-effective.
- It has the potential to be employed in condition monitoring.
- It detects issues with the equipment or device before they become a problem.
- It prevents output loss due to unanticipated failures.
- Unscheduled downtime is reduced.
- Significant savings in both money and time.
- It reduces the cost of repairs and maintenance and extends the usable life of machine assets.
- The inventory of spare components can be reduced.
Why Choose Our Infrared Thermography Services?
Are you seeking the top infrared thermography service providers in Oman to help you conduct frequent thermography inspections and get the most out of your survey? Then go no further than OTMS, Oman’s industry leader in offering infrared thermography services to a variety of sectors. Our exceptional services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using industry-leading thermal imaging technology, our authorized and experienced professionals can discover unusual temperature patterns and their underlying causes.
- We spot flaws quickly and provide long-term solutions to infrared thermography issues that arise as a result of our condition monitoring services.
- As a non-contact and non-invasive condition monitoring tool, our IRT services aid in the prompt rectification of problems by detecting flaws early.
- With over a decade of expertise in this field, we have established ourselves as the leading provider of trustworthy, accurate, and cost-effective thermal imaging services.